• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JACK

JACK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 08:29 PM

just wondering what country labor costs for building a log home kit are equal to,or greater than kit price
Jack Robbins

#2 Josh

Josh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 03:05 AM

Here in the USA

For the average kit - in my opinion

If labor is less than the kit then either
the kit is too expensive or
the qualiy of labor is a dogs breakfast

Putting up the home is a cinch - the hard work starts after.
A good roof should cost you 1/2 the price of most kit prices
I have seen.

For a quality kit home this may be different
Josh

#3 JACK

JACK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 03:59 AM

josh what are your credentials for your opinion a log house weathertight includes labor for roof in which case the price 1s around 14.00 to 15.00 per sq. foot the turnkey labor price is 35.00 to 40.00 where can you buy a log home kit for 40.00 per ft i want to either build for these people or learn where to buy a kit that cheap been at this over 12 years built kuhns bros,jim barna, southland, timberline,and ponderosalog homes but maybe it is my location have only built in va, ky, nc ga wont go to alaska so if you know of someplace in the lower 48 paying this much please advise
Jack Robbins

#4 Stephanie

Stephanie

Richmond Lass

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 06:01 PM

$95 a square foot, turn key, is what I've been told for our area: Virginia. Our kits are about $35 a square foot. I'm new, but these are the numbers that I have heard.

Obviously, labor will be higher in some places and lower in others. Also, kits include a lot of different things! Some are just logs, others include a LOT more.

Are you a Class-A contractor, Jack? We're still looking for some if you want to build in Central Virginia.

#5 Tidemobile

Tidemobile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 02:27 PM

Stephanie

How long have you been working with Honest Abe? They seem to have a pretty good product and quit a few log profiles! It seems at least in my area that most log reps get frustrated and give up before they start to make any profit. It took us almost two years before we started to see a return on all of our time and money invested but it was well worth the wait. We did a home in the South Boston area a few years back is that any where near you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users