• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lisa

lisa

First Patron

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:08 AM

April posted a picture in 2003 showing the construction of a log church in Romania. She snapped them while in a journey to adopt her children. Ever since I saw it I have been interested in visiting this church! Fifteen years later it appears I will have a chance to visit it sometime in the not so distant future. My son is moving to Kosovo and taking the most adorable grandchildren ( mine). It turns out this church is in the same neck of the woods! Now if I can win the lottery I will hire Tim Bullock to build a replica in Arkansas! Yes I dream big! Of course Greg will do the plans and Alan will have to document the process. Susan will come sit in the swing with me and discuss the "opportunities of building with logs". I am so grateful to have this forum to share my love of log homes and enjoy all the fantastic people I've met thru the years. I feel blessed to come home every day to a true log home and happy I made the investment 12 years ago. So when I get to see this church what do others want to know about it? I've seen dozens of pictures thru the years and the craftsmanship from the roof to the interior amazes me.
[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

#2 lisa

lisa

First Patron

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:09 AM

Greg- my picture won't post. Can I email them to you for help?
[SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

#3 Greg Steckler

Greg Steckler

Grand Poobah (webmaster)

• Administrators
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:12 PM

Take more pictures, get names of builders & designers, get as much history as you can, who inspired them?  What kind of wood, tools, methods were used?  How did they come up with the design, are there plans?  If so, are they available?  Tell them they are an inspiration to wood builders all over the world.

Greg Steckler
Webmaster at
Lhoti.com

Here is my temporary email:  stecklergreg@gmail.com

2253 NE Edgewater Dr.
Bend OR 97701
541-389-4887
Designer
Log Rhythms, Inc.

"Only Nixon could go to China" ~ Mr. Spock

#4 Greg Steckler

Greg Steckler